Georgia Production Tax Incentive
- May 6, 2016
Georgia ranks third in film and television production!
Television and film producers have long been drawn to Georgia for its varied locations—from urban to mountain to rural areas—and its low production costs. Thanks to generous tax credits, Georgia has become one of the top states for movie and television production behind California and New York.
Georgia production incentives provide up to 30% of your Georgia production expenditures in transferable tax credits. The program is available for qualifying projects, including feature films, television series, commercials, music videos, animation and game development.
Because our aerial filming company is a qualified Georgia vendor, using us for your Georgia based film or television production means that payments to us are eligible for all the Georgia film tax credits.
Highlights from the Georgia Entertainment Industry Investment Act include the following:
- 20 percent base transferable tax credit
- 10 percent Georgia Entertainment Promotion (GEP) uplift can be earned by including an embedded Georgia logo on approved projects and a link to TourGeorgiaFilm.com on the promotional website
- $500,000 minimum spend to qualify
- No limits or caps on Georgia spend, no sunset clause
- Both resident and non-resident workers’ payrolls and FICA, SUI, FUI qualify
- No salary cap on individuals paid by 1099, personal service contract or loan out. Payments made to a loan out company will require six percent Georgia income tax withheld
- Production expenditures must be made in Georgia to qualify from a Georgia vendor
- Travel and insurance qualify if purchased through a Georgia agency or company
- Original music scoring eligible for projects produced in Georgia qualify
- Post production of Georgia filmed movies and television projects qualify
- Development costs, promotion, marketing, license fees and story right fees do not qualify
When you want to add cinema quality aerials to your Georgia film or television production, The Aerial Filming Company has you covered. With a larger in-stock inventory of cinema cameras than most rental houses, we’re ready to get your production off the ground and into the studio!